OUR GIFT TO CHILDREN
Pedodontics – Children’s Orthodontics
What is Children’s Orthodontics?
A sub group of orthodontics that is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of jaw and tooth positioning issues in kids till the age of 12.
Who needs Children’s Orthodontic Treatment?
Any child under the age of 12 that display the following symptoms:
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned jaw
- Poor oral habits like thumb sucking, mouth breathing and tongue thrusting
- Gaps between main front incisors
- Crowded teeth
- Teeth not appearing in the right sequence
- Congenitally missing teeth
- Delayed teeth eruption
- Extractions and fillings if necessary, scaling and polishing periodically. Extraction space must be maintained with the help of space maintainer.
- Fluoride Treatment for the milk teeth is advised to prevent the plaque, cavity and decay formation on the milk teeth.
- Pit and Fissure Sealants are applied to fill up the deep pit and fissures on the children’s teeth.
- Dental bad habits like thumb sucking, nail biting, lip chewing can be corrected using the Interceptive and preventive orthodontic appliances. The dentist will advice you what kind of appliance to be given for your child.
If some or all of the services you want won’t be fully covered by your insurance policy, ask about dental financing. The Dentist offers dental options including interest-free financing, reducing the burden by giving you a small monthly payment to make instead of a large lump.
Don’t hesitate to talk to your dentist about financial concerns. If you have limited insurance coverage and don’t want to go too far above that coverage ceiling, your dentist can prioritize your dental work so that it fits your budget and your dental coverage. If you’ve got a limit per year, your dentist can schedule your needs based on that limit and could suggest the most cost effective treatments possible.